This podcast episode delves into the world of Ethereum, discussing the potential approval of an ETH spot ETF by Fidelity, the progress of Ethereum core updates, and the impact of distributed validated technology (DVT). The host also discusses the launch of the ZKP2P project and the upcoming Ethereum conferences. The episode concludes with a market analysis of Ethereum’s performance and a reminder of the importance of a long-term investment perspective.
ETH Spot ETF and Market Movements
- Fidelity’s ETH Spot ETF: Fidelity, a leading asset manager, has filed for an ETH spot ETF. The host believes that the chances of approval are high, potentially by Q3 of next year. This follows the trend of other ETF filings by companies like BlackRock.
- Market Movements and ETFs: The host finds the timing of ETF filings and market movements to be coincidental but sees ETFs as a significant vehicle for new money to enter the crypto market.
Ethereum Core Updates and DVT
- Progress on Ethereum Core: Updates have been shared on the implementation of the revamped blob gossip conditions for the Denb upgrade, with most client teams on track to finish in the next one to two weeks.
- Distributed Validated Technology (DVT): The host supports DVT and its potential to increase the number of node operators on the Ethereum network, emphasizing the importance of decentralization.
ZKP2P Project and Ethereum Conferences
- ZKP2P Project: The ZKP2P project, which enables trustless onboarding from fiat to crypto, has launched in alpha on the Base network. The host believes that this project represents the future of on-ramping, combining zero-knowledge proofs, privacy, and speed.
- Ethereum Conferences: The host announces the upcoming locations for various Ethereum conferences, including London, Brussels, Singapore, San Francisco, and Devcon in November. The host expresses excitement about attending the Eth Global conference in Sydney.
Ethereum Market Analysis
- Ethereum’s Market Performance: The host discusses the recent underperformance of Ethereum in the market and shares their belief that Ethereum actually outperformed earlier than other assets. They attribute this to the merge and the introduction of EIP-1559, which made Ethereum a more resilient asset.
- Long-term Investment Perspective: The host emphasizes the importance of taking a long-term perspective and not getting caught up in short-term market fluctuations. They encourage a long-term perspective for investors.
- Bullish: The host expresses a bullish sentiment towards Ethereum, citing the potential approval of an ETH spot ETF, the progress of Ethereum core updates, and the impact of DVT. They also express optimism about the ZKP2P project and the upcoming Ethereum conferences.
- Neutral: While the host acknowledges the recent underperformance of Ethereum in the market, they maintain a neutral stance, attributing this to the cyclical nature of the market. They emphasize the importance of a long-term investment perspective.