The podcast features a conversation between the host and Haseeb Qureshi, a software engineer, former poker pro, investor, and Managing Partner at Dragonfly crypto fund. The discussion revolves around the current market landscape, with a special emphasis on Web3 social applications amidst rapidly evolving technology. They delve into the implications of Web3 for social applications, the need for AI in today’s world, and the potential for rebuilding social media systems using AI agents. They also discuss the concept of digital identity in the Web3 space and its potential to improve communication and coordination among humans.
- The Need for Web3 and AI: Haseeb Qureshi emphasizes the importance of Web3 and AI in today’s world. He believes that AI can act as a personal assistant, managing emails and other tasks, thus making life easier for individuals.
- Rebuilding Social Media Systems: The discussion explores the potential of AI agents in rebuilding social media systems. The idea is to have AI assistants that understand what the user cares about, thus improving the user experience on platforms like LinkedIn.
- Digital Identity in Web3: Haseeb shares his insights on the concept of digital identity in the Web3 space. He believes that a killer app using a certain identity standard could lead to a widespread adoption of that standard. He also mentions that the relationship between creators and community members will become more concrete in Web3, as community members will have a stake in the content they consume.
- Investing in Web3: As an investor, Haseeb is interested in the core technology of Web3, including the next generation of layer ones, layer twos, privacy, and interoperability. He believes that the current transaction capacity of Ethereum is not enough to support the next internet, and thus, there is a need for advancement in this area.
- Bullish: Haseeb is bullish on the potential of Web3 and AI in transforming the current social media systems and improving communication among humans. He also expresses optimism about the future of digital identity in the Web3 space.
- Bearish: There is no bearish sentiment expressed in the podcast.
- Neutral: The discussion is neutral about the current state of social media platforms like LinkedIn and Telegram. While they acknowledge the issues with these platforms, they also recognize their utility.