The Daily Gwei Refuel #609, hosted by Anthony Sassano, covers a range of topics in the Ethereum and crypto ecosystems. The podcast discusses the latest updates, including the staking of 20 million ETH, the launch of the Zora chain, and other significant events. Sassano provides insights into the Ethereum Improvement Proposal (EIP) and Ethereum Request for Comments (ERC) processes, the increasing amount of ETH staked, the launch of Zora’s Ethereum Layer 2 (L2), and the announcement of Optimism’s retroactive public goods funding round three. He also discusses the release of Offchain Labs’ tooling for building Arbitrum Orbit chains, the finalists for HackFS 2023, Aztec’s decentralization roadmap, and his feature in a Forbes Magazine article.
- 20 Million ETH Staked: There are currently 20 million ETH staked on the beacon chain, with 2.9 million ETH queuing to stake. This represents a significant amount of value, with the staked ETH’s market cap exceeding that of other Layer 1 blockchains.
- Zora Network Ethereum L2 Launch: Zora has launched its own app chain using the Optimism stack. This Layer 2 solution is integrated directly into existing Zora tools and is live now. Zora is a platform for creators, offering a range of creative tools for NFTs and DAOs.
- Optimism Retroactive Public Goods Funding Round Three: Optimism has announced its third round of retroactive public goods funding, with a pool of 30 million OP tokens. This funding will be distributed to builders, creators, and educators who have positively impacted the Optimism Collective.
- Building Arbitrum Orbit Chains: Offchain Labs has released tooling that simplifies the process of building Arbitrum Orbit chains. These chains, considered Layer 3 solutions, sit on top of Arbitrum One or Arbitrum Nova, which in turn sit on top of Ethereum.
- HackFS 2023 Finalists: EthGlobal has announced the nine finalists for HackFS 2023. These hackathons are a great place to learn about new and upcoming projects in the crypto space.
- Aztec’s Decentralization Roadmap: Aztec has detailed the next stage of their decentralization roadmap, focusing on upgrade mechanisms. They are inviting the community to help determine the best way to coordinate upgrades and achieve consensus on implementing network changes.
- Anthony Sassano Featured in Forbes: Sassano was featured in a Forbes Magazine article discussing Ethereum’s future and the bull and bear case for ETH moving forward.
- Bullish: The podcast expresses a bullish sentiment towards Ethereum, highlighting the significant amount of ETH staked and the launch of Zora’s Ethereum L2 as positive developments. The announcement of Optimism’s third round of retroactive public goods funding also indicates strong support for the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Bearish: No bearish sentiment was expressed in the podcast.
- Neutral: The podcast presents a neutral view on the process of building Arbitrum Orbit chains and the announcement of HackFS 2023 finalists, providing information without expressing a positive or negative sentiment.