The podcast delves into the complexities of the Cosmos ecosystem, discussing the contentious vote on proposal 848 and the subsequent fork by Jay Kwon. It also covers the legal troubles of Binance CEO, Changpeng Zhao, and the implications of regulatory compliance in the crypto industry. The hosts touch on the KyberSwap hack, the importance of decentralized exchanges, and the challenges of acquiring “clean” Ethereum. The episode concludes with a discussion on high APRs in the Dopex ecosystem and upcoming guests.
Contentious Changes in the Cosmos Ecosystem
- ATOM Inflation Reduction: The podcast discusses the recent vote on proposal 848 in the Cosmos ecosystem, which aims to reduce the native token (ATOM) inflation from 14% to 10%. The proposal passed with a minority vote, highlighting the contentious nature of the decision.
- ATOM 1 Fork: Jay Kwon, one of the original developers at Cosmos, plans to fork the network into a new one called ATOM 1, which aims to retain core ideas of Cosmos and address issues with the original deployment.
Legal Troubles for Binance CEO
- Changpeng Zhao’s Legal Issues: Binance CEO, Changpeng Zhao (CZ), has pled guilty to criminal charges and is awaiting sentencing. The SEC is expected to levy civil charges against CZ, following the DOJ’s criminal case wrap-up.
- Binance’s Compliance Requirements: Binance is facing significant fines and compliance requirements from U.S. authorities, including the DOJ, FinCEN, and OFAC, due to various violations. The fines imposed on Binance total approximately $4.8 billion.
KyberSwap Hack and the Importance of Decentralized Exchanges
- KyberSwap Hack: The podcast touches on the KyberSwap hack, where the hacker drained $47 million and engaged in a public negotiation with the KyberSwap team.
- Importance of Decentralized Exchanges: The incident underscores the need for greater regulation and scrutiny of centralized exchanges to prevent such breaches and protect client information. The hosts discuss the importance of decentralized exchanges (DEXs) and the ongoing efforts in DeFi to build infrastructure that eliminates the need for intermediaries.
Challenges of Acquiring “Clean” Ethereum
- Privacy Concerns: The podcast discusses the challenges of acquiring “clean” Ethereum post-mining era, emphasizing that regulated exchanges are now the primary means of purchase, which could lead to privacy concerns due to IP log tracking.
High APRs in the Dopex Ecosystem
- High APRs: The hosts discuss the high annual percentage rates (APRs) published by Jones, a protocol related to Dopex, indicating excitement in the community and the influence of algorithms in promoting related content.
- Bullish: The hosts express a bullish sentiment towards the Dopex ecosystem, particularly the high APRs published by Jones. They also show enthusiasm for the start of staking rewards across various protocols.
- Bearish: The podcast expresses a bearish sentiment towards the Cosmos ecosystem, discussing the contentious vote on proposal 848 and the subsequent fork by Jay Kwon. The hosts also express concern over the legal troubles of Binance CEO, Changpeng Zhao, and the implications of regulatory compliance in the crypto industry.
- Neutral: The hosts maintain a neutral stance on the KyberSwap hack, discussing the incident without expressing a clear sentiment. They also remain neutral on the challenges of acquiring “clean” Ethereum, highlighting the issue without taking a definitive stance.