The podcast covers a range of topics from the tech industry’s latest mergers and acquisitions to significant legal decisions and scientific findings. The hosts discuss the Wagner Group rebellion, the SCOTUS decision to strike down Affirmative Action, Databricks’ acquisition of MosaicML, Inflection’s fundraising round, the shutdown of IRL, Byjus’ financial struggles, and the findings of NANOGrav.
- Wagner Group Rebellion: The podcast began with a discussion about the Wagner Group rebellion, a private military company linked to the Russian government.
- SCOTUS Strikes Down Affirmative Action: The hosts discussed the implications of the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) decision to strike down Affirmative Action.
- Databricks Acquires MosaicML for 1.3B, Inflection Raises 1.3B: The hosts discussed significant mergers and acquisitions in the tech industry, specifically Databricks’ acquisition of MosaicML for $1.3 billion and Inflection’s $1.3 billion fundraising round.
- IRL Shuts Down After Faking 95% of Users, Byjus Seeks to Raise Emergency 1B as Founder Control in Jeopardy: The hosts discussed the shutdown of IRL after it was revealed that the company had faked 95% of its users. They also discussed the challenges faced by Byjus, an Indian edtech company, which is seeking to raise an emergency $1 billion as the control of its founder is in jeopardy.
- Science Corner: Understanding the NANOGrav Findings: The hosts discussed the findings of NANOGrav, an international scientific consortium that has been observing pulsars for 15 years. The data supports Einstein’s general theory of relativity, indicating that space-time can be warped by gravity. This could provide insights into the overall structure of the universe.
- Bullish: The hosts expressed bullish sentiment towards the tech industry’s mergers and acquisitions, specifically Databricks’ acquisition of MosaicML and Inflection’s fundraising round. They also showed optimism towards the scientific findings of NANOGrav, which could deepen our understanding of the universe.
- Bearish: The hosts expressed bearish sentiment towards IRL and Byjus. IRL’s shutdown after faking 95% of its users and Byjus’ financial struggles were seen as negative developments.
- Neutral: The hosts had a neutral sentiment towards the SCOTUS decision to strike down Affirmative Action and the Wagner Group rebellion. They discussed these topics without expressing a clear positive or negative sentiment.