In this episode of the Empire podcast, Jason hosts Luca Netz, CEO of Pudgy Penguins, to discuss the journey of Pudgy Penguins, their business model, IP Houses, Brand Licensing, and the future of Pudgy Penguins. The conversation revolves around the NFT space, the importance of understanding culture in this domain, and the innovative strategies that Pudgy Penguins is implementing.
- Luca Netz’s Journey: Luca Netz shares his journey and the evolution of Pudgy Penguins. He emphasizes the importance of understanding culture and trends in the NFT space.
- Pudgy Penguins Business Model: The business model of Pudgy Penguins is discussed, highlighting the importance of supply and demand, and the strategic introduction of new characters.
- Pudgy Penguins as an IP House: Pudgy Penguins is positioning itself as an IP House, with a focus on brand licensing. They are the first major project to license IP from their holders.
- Project Overpass: Pudgy Penguins is working on a project called “Project Overpass”, aimed at solving one of web3’s biggest problems – licensing at scale on chain. This project will be initially available to their community and then opened up to other communities.
- The Future of Pudgy Penguins: Luca Netz teases a significant announcement for Q4, which he believes will be one of the biggest in the history of web3. He also discusses potential future financing for the business.
- Bullish: The overall sentiment of the podcast is bullish. Luca Netz expresses confidence in the future of Pudgy Penguins and the NFT space. He shares plans for significant announcements and projects that could potentially disrupt the web3 space.
- Bearish: No bearish sentiments were expressed in the podcast.
- Neutral: The podcast also contains neutral sentiments, particularly when discussing the challenges of licensing at scale on chain and the need for a balance between supply and demand in the NFT space.