In the podcast Alex talks with Ryan Selkis, CEO of Messari and Chairman of Digital Freedom Alliance, about crypto regulation, policy, and future in the United States. The conversation revolves around the current state of crypto regulation, the need for clear and sensible rules, and the potential for self-regulation within the crypto industry.
- Crypto Regulation: Ryan Selkis emphasizes the need for clear and sensible regulation in the crypto industry. He argues that the current state of hostility between the crypto industry and financial regulators is not beneficial for anyone. He suggests that with rational discussions and understanding of the technology, a sensible framework for crypto regulation can be established.
- Self-Regulation: Selkis suggests that the crypto industry should be proactive in establishing self-regulation. He believes that if industry leaders and technologists can work together, they can create a framework that is technically feasible and sensible.
- Legal Challenges: The podcast discusses the current legal challenges facing the crypto industry, including SEC lawsuits and the need for clear legal definitions. Selkis argues that these challenges need to be addressed for the crypto industry to thrive.
- Digital Freedom Alliance: Selkis introduces the Digital Freedom Alliance, an advocacy group focused on PR, narrative developments, and data-driven research and messaging campaigns. The goal of the alliance is to improve public sentiment towards crypto and tell a better story about the industry.
- Bullish: The podcast presents a bullish sentiment towards the future of the crypto industry in the United States. Despite the current regulatory challenges, there is a belief that with sensible regulation and self-regulation within the industry, crypto can thrive.
- Bearish: There is no bearish sentiment expressed in the podcast.
- Neutral: The podcast maintains a neutral stance on the current state of crypto regulation. While acknowledging the challenges, it emphasizes the need for dialogue and understanding to establish a sensible regulatory framework.