The report provides a comprehensive overview of the recent events in the crypto world. It covers significant news from DeFi platforms, governance proposals, and general news from the crypto industry. The report also highlights key events such as Ethereum’s validator queue being emptied, Uniswap’s new interface fee, and Binance’s recent token burn. It also discusses governance proposals from Lido DAO, Aave DAO, and 1inch DAO, among others.
- Ethereum’s Validator Queue: For the first time since the Shanghai Upgrade in May 2023, Ethereum’s validator queue was emptied, indicating a slowdown in demand for $ETH staking.
- Uniswap’s Interface Fee: Uniswap has begun charging a 0.15% interface fee on a set of tokens to fund its operations. It also plans to launch the Uniswap wallet on Android soon.
- Binance’s Token Burn: Binance has burned $450 million worth of $BNB in its recent planned token burn.
- Lido DAO’s Proposal: Lido DAO is considering winding down operations on Polygon following the recent sunset of Lido on Solana. KyberSwap has proposed the deployment of $wstETH on Base.
- Aave DAO’s Voting: Aave DAO is voting on two proposals, one for deprecating $MAI, a long depeged stablecoin, from AAVE V3 and the other to bring $FXS on it.
- 1inch DAO’s Proposal: 1inch DAO is proposing to ladder buy $1M worth of $ETH using its API Pathfinder v5 and its limit order feature to showcase its the protocol’s capabilities while diversifying its treasury.
General Crypto News
- Bitcoin’s False Spike: Early in the week, $BTC spiked to $30k on false news that the iShares Bitcoin ETF was approved. BlackRock confirmed shortly after that its application was still under review by the SEC.
- Reddit-based Tokens Plunge: Reddit-based tokens $MOON, $BRICK, and $DONUT saw a significant price drop following news of the platform shutting down its blockchain-based reward service, Community Points.
- Coinbase’s Trading Volume: Coinbase’s trading volume has continued to weaken in the third quarter of 2024.
- Monitor Ethereum’s Staking Demand: The emptying of Ethereum’s validator queue could indicate a shift in the market’s interest in $ETH staking. Stakeholders should monitor this trend closely.
- Assess Impact of Uniswap’s Interface Fee: Uniswap’s new interface fee could impact user behavior and token trading. It’s crucial to assess the potential effects of this change on the platform’s operations and the broader DeFi market.
- Consider Governance Proposals: The governance proposals from Lido DAO, Aave DAO, and 1inch DAO could have significant implications for their respective platforms and tokens. Stakeholders should consider these proposals and their potential impacts.