The article discusses the potential of ERC-6551, also known as Token Bound Accounts. This new Ethereum standard allows NFTs to have their own wallets, meaning they can hold and manage assets like ETH and other tokens. The author highlights the potential benefits of this development, such as more efficient airdrops, better in-game asset management, and the ability to trade complete sets of NFTs in a single transaction. The article also mentions that all NFTs already have their own accounts, and the infrastructure for interacting with them is still developing.
- Understanding ERC-6551: This new Ethereum standard allows NFTs to have their own wallets, which can hold and manage assets like ETH and other tokens.
- Efficient Airdrops: With ERC-6551, airdrops can be sent directly to the NFTs, eliminating the need for pre-snapshot/post-snapshot processes.
- Improved In-Game Asset Management: In gaming, a character (an NFT) can own all its items (weapons, clothing, potions, in-game currency, etc.), making trading more efficient.
- Trading Complete Sets: ERC-6551 allows for trading of complete sets of NFTs in a single transaction, improving market efficiency.
- Future Possibilities: The combination of ERC-6551 and artificial intelligence could lead to NFTs with trading histories, collections, identities, and more.