The report discusses the increasing interest of traditional financial institutions in the crypto space, with BlackRock filing for a Bitcoin ETF and Deutsche Bank applying for a digital asset license. It also covers the launch of EDX Markets, a new crypto exchange backed by Wall Street giants. The report further explores the development of opBNB, a new Layer 2 chain for Binance, and Polygon’s transition to a Zk-validium. It also mentions various DeFi updates and industry news.
Institutional Interest in Crypto
- BlackRock’s Bitcoin ETF: BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager, has filed for a Bitcoin ETF, which could potentially make it easier for traditional investors to invest in Bitcoin.
- EDX Markets: A new crypto exchange, EDX Markets, backed by Wall Street giants like Charles Schwab and Fidelity Investments, has been launched. It provides API-based trading access for institutions.
- Deutsche Bank’s Digital Asset License: Deutsche Bank has applied to be a crypto custodian in Germany, indicating its plans to offer services such as taxation, valuation services, fund administration, lending, staking and voting, and more.
Developments in Blockchain Technology
- opBNB: Binance has announced a new Layer 2 chain, opBNB, to scale the BNB Chain. It is EVM-compatible and based on the OP Stack, an open-source blueprint for building interoperable Layer2s.
- Polygon’s Transition: Polygon is transitioning its architecture from Polygon PoS to zkEVM as part of its new vision, Polygon 2.0. This will be a network of ZK-powered L2 chains supporting unlimited scalability.
DeFi Updates and Industry News
- DeFi Catalysts: Various DeFi platforms have announced new developments, including MakerDAO’s launch of a new token, sDAI, and Frax Finance’s discussion of a buyback strategy for $FXS.
- Industry News: The International Monetary Fund is reportedly working on a global infrastructure for the interoperability of settlements between CBDCs. Ethereum is discussing increasing the maximum number of ETH that can be staked as a single validator to 2048 ETH.
- Monitor Institutional Moves: Keep an eye on the moves of traditional financial institutions in the crypto space, as their involvement could significantly impact the market.
- Understand Blockchain Developments: Stay updated with the latest developments in blockchain technology, such as the launch of new Layer 2 chains and transitions in existing chains, as they could influence the performance of related cryptocurrencies.
- Follow DeFi Updates: Track the latest updates in the DeFi space, as they could present potential opportunities for involvement in new tokens or platforms.