The article is a detailed explanation of Stuart Walton’s trading strategy, a Canadian trader who gained recognition in Jack Schwager’s book Stock Market Wizards. Walton’s strategy is a mix of fundamentals, technicals, global macro, and gut feel. He believes in the importance of patience, trading on one’s own ideas and style, not trading impulsively, and not risking too much on one event or company. He also emphasizes the need to stay focused, anticipate rather than react, and listen to the market rather than outside opinions.
- Adopt a mixed strategy: Walton’s success can be attributed to his mixed strategy approach, which includes fundamentals, technicals, global macro, and gut feel. This could be a viable strategy for other traders to consider.
- Be patient and independent: Walton stresses the importance of patience and trading on one’s own ideas and style. This suggests that traders should not rush their decisions and should rely on their own research and analysis.
- Manage risks effectively: Walton advises against risking too much on one event or company, indicating the importance of diversification and risk management in trading.
- Stay focused and anticipate: According to Walton, traders should stay focused, especially when the markets are moving, and should anticipate rather than react. This could help traders to make more informed and less impulsive decisions.
- Listen to the market: Walton believes in listening to the market rather than outside opinions. This suggests that traders should pay close attention to market trends and movements.